Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rebecca Collins at Augusta Ironman 70.3

Rebecca trained all summer for this goal....


Rebecca showing off her sleek aero position.

One of the things I really enjoyed about coaching Rebecca this summer is that she always had fun, and always kept a smile handy.

Showing some intense concentration during the run.

Rebecca had an enthusiastic cheering section with her father and husband during the race. They cheered her on at multiple points, and at the end....
they ran beside me playing Eye of the Tiger and blowing that air horn- HILLARIOUS time and much needed after 70.3 miles- I FINISHED!




Rebecca writes:
no clue what time it was and didn't care- very thankful that I finished... not last... and not hurt! God is Good!
Thanks to all for your well wishes, prayers, etc..... I really did appreciate them ALL!!!!


now on to my next goal- what will it be?
PS her time was 6:38 which is not bad for a first half iron, rainy conditions, etc.  You did a good job RC!

2 comments:

The Lincredibles said...

YAAAAAY BEC! SO very proud of you :o)

Unknown said...

I noticed the Ironman hat you were wearing. Which Ironman did you do?