Monday, September 29, 2008

Atomic Man Half Ironman

Atomic Man Half Iron, Oak Ridge TN
Sept 29, 2008

Bill Polk finished his first half ironman.
Coach Stephen Taylor won the race, come from behind 7 minutes down at the start of the run.



Which way? The course was well marked.



My client Bill Polk finished his first half ironman in 6:01. Not bad!



Richard Tomkins from Acme Multisport clowning around when he's supposed to be running. It didn't slow him down much.



Since I'm an Eagle Scout, it really pumped me up to see Boy Scouts at the aid stations.





Me (Stephen Taylor) with client Bill P. We were pumped....he finished his first half iron and I won the race outright.



A couple of my friends from Chattanooga. Kevin Boucher (L) finished fourth. I chased Jeff Gibson (R) all damn day and didn't catch him until mile 10.5. Thanks for making me suffer bad Jeff!



Richard Tomkins with the hugest plate of post-race pizza I have ever seen.

No comments: