Friday, January 30, 2009

Matthew C. preps for Ironman 70.3 New Orleans

It is winter and there are not very many races, so my recent results blog entries are mostly focus on the means to the end: training.

Matthew is a law student in New Orleans and we are doing on-line training planning for him. He has big goals this year: Ironman Florida with the target of "KQ." He is using Ironman 70.3 as an early season "A" race. We are doing some interesting things with his training to make sure his bike leg--formerly a limiter--with be a huge strength for him.




If you want to get good on the bike, it usually means committing to a lot of time on your trainer. Hence, here are some pictures of Matthew getting in some "chamois time."



Matthew writes: "I have to be honest, I'm starting to get a bit - not cocky - but confident. I'm starting to get that feeling when I see other people training that when race day comes, I'm just going to rock their socks off. I know it's early, but I already know I'm doing more than I ever have at this point. I can't help but feel like I'm going to be strong as hell come April and May. It's nice. I mean, last year I didn't even get on my bike until March or so. Things are going to get interesting in the next few weeks..."

Posted by Stephen Taylor, Nashville Triathlon Coach

No comments: