Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mike Thomas wins BC Challenge

So far I have coached the winners of both editions of the Fitnesswave Body Composition Challenge. Overall health and also endurance sports require that you reach an optimal body weight. Fitnesswave can help with this; Learn more at their page [link here.]

Mike writes:

Here's a pic of me in my super fast Speed Racer jersey and my new QRoo bike from Acme!!

Seriously though, I kept in mind what you told me at Acme that day when it was getting towards the end of the challenge...."sprint to the finish." I didn't think I would get down to my goal weight, but I did. That last week, I really cut down my calories and exercised my butt off, literally!!! If it weren't for the support from April and her cracking the whip and helping keep me on the straight and narrow, it would have much more difficult. It was a team effort. I can't echo Fitness Wave's logo enough "That which is measured, improves." I think about all of the times that I tried to lose fat and wandered aimlessly through nutrition oblivion. When I started keeping a nutrition journal to go along with my exercise journal, I could see the results on me, and how I got there in the journal.

I'm really looking forward to triathlon season this year, to see my improvements. With 16 less pounds, 12 of those pounds pure fat now gone, I should be super fast!!! Well, maybe at least a little bit faster!!!

Thanks for your help and support. I'll be calling you about those classes, April wants to take something also, so we'll figure out what works good for our schedule. Thanks again.


Mike Thomas

No comments: