Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Benefits of this Craziness


Photo: Kevin H. at Memphis in May Triathlon

Kevin just sent me this e-mail reminding of a very real benefit of endurance training:

You spend a lot of time coaching us to improve speed and endurance in order to improve our race times. It is a fun and exciting process to train for these events. I recently received other results highlighting the true benefits of this craziness during a visit with my doctor. It was the first annual physical I had since I started training with you, and the results were great! I lost 23 pounds, received great results from the EKG, and the borderline high blood pressure and high cholesterol I had is gone. My doctor laughed when he took my pulse saying it was very low but good.

Even though this sport takes a times commitment, it is obvious the benefits will keep me around a lot longer.


Photo: Kevin relaxing after Old Hickory Triathon with his cute little girl Hannah.

No comments: