Friday, December 3, 2010

Grand Canyon Rim to River Group

I was in the group of 4 who did the double crossing of the Grand Canyon (Rim to Rim to Rim or R2R2R.)  The other 10 in our party did a ~21 mile run down to the Colorado River / Phantom Ranch and back.  I wasn't on this run but my lovely wife Susan was.  Here are some pictures from their adventure.


Corrie and Brent in the wee hours of dawn, getting ready to "drop in." These two were a late addition to the trip and I am fairly bummed out that I did not get to spend much time with them.

I love the infamous: "DANGER.  Do not attempt to hike from the rim to the river and back in one day" sign. I guess this sign makes it that much more exciting to do so.


The always strong Steven Smithing of Mere Bulles fame. 






Becky and Susan.




The guys on the 21 mile route (clockwise from top left:) Jason Haggard, Michael Sharpe, Steven Smithing, Brent, and Kevin Clouse

Suspension bridge river crossing, still a ways down there.

Jolyen and Corrie looking cool crossing the Colorado river.


Photo: It is actually quite warm and comfortable in the canyon, even though it is cold and icy at the rim.

Another view of the Colorado on their way up.





Photo (from left): Corrie, Joleyn, Susan, and Becky.

Happy girls are done with the run before nightfall. (From left): Susan, Joleyn, Corrie.

No comments: