Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jeff Mims Finishes His First 50K Trail Run

Finished in 6:36:06.  Much better than I thought I would do, and I started 2 minutes behind everyone in dead last place.  Crazy story I'll have to tell you sometime.  Thanks for everything.  It was a great experience.  Everything had hoped it would be.


Here are the pics.  I actually started last because of going to the bathroom, and then running off without my water bottle b/c the race had just started. I came back and found my wife to get it.  Crazy.  Did ok overall.  I had some trouble wanting to drink my gatorade after a while.  I ended up drinking a lot of water, and didn't manage my salt very well.  Got cramped in my thighs right behind the knees on the inside of both legs with 1 1/2 miles left. 

Goal accomplished.  Now its time to go faster. I know I could have had a better race with a good start and getting my nutrition/salt better. 


Thanks for your help.  Look forward to talking to you soon.  By the way, swiftwick 7's merino wool= no blisters.

No comments: