Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 18-19 Race Results

Memphis in May
Jason Haggard- 2:29:25
Mary Garges- 2:56:20 (an 8 min PR and first time breaking 3hrs)
Judy Daggett- 2:30:45 6th in age group

Stephen Taylor finished 2nd in his age group with a time of 1:59:52. He also did the mtn bike race the morning before and finished in 3nd place with a time of 1:06:12. This placed him 3rd in the amateur challenge with a combined time of 3:06:03. On a side note, this is the first time ST broke 2 hrs in an olympic distance triathlon.

Beast of the East (Half Iron Distance)
James Crowe writes: "I PR'ed at my 1/2 IM this weekend (Beast of the East), with a 5:55 overall, which although not fast admittedly, is good for me. The bike course had ~6000 feet elevation gain, and the run was kinda hilly too. I held in there on the run better than I have in the past, a 1:57 run, using some of the form stuff you suggested. The running form thing you worked on with us in Triathlon Level 2 has helped me a lot this year, especially the filming at the track thing."

Florida Ironman 70.3
Ashly Dewberry: 5:18:51 (56/254)
Catherine Williams : 5:46:10 (9/28)

Ashly writes: "Well, it was a great time down there, and what a great experience! Cat had a stellar race! I on the other hand, was not very happy with my performance (5:18:51). I missed my goal by 18:51. On a great note, I'm so proud of Catherine as she really had a smoking race and truly tuffed it out in that Florida heat making a great time!"

No comments: