Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kathy Mead Races the Tomato 5K

Kathy Mead 20th out of 46 in F30-34 , 30:37



I prepared for my first organized race in several years. After a long break from any kind of running races, I signed up for East Nashville's Tomato 5K with my wonderful friend and training partner, Stephanie Clayton.

As a participant in several of Stephen’s training groups (Ab lab, Fun Swim, and, most recently, Navy Seals), I wasn’t at all concerned about covering 3.1 miles. As I move into my 30’s and realize that not only have I still got “it,” but I’m willing to guess there’s more where that came from!

And so it begins (again!) with a toe-in-the-water 5K; a 10K in September; and another 5K (I Run For the Party) in October. Next year, I’ll drop the hammer with my induction into tri’s and the Country Music Half (I can’t believe I’m even writing this!). And absolutely loving every minute of it!


No comments: