Saturday, August 23, 2008

Murfreesboro HOT 100

Murfreesboro, TN
8/23/08

As someone who usually does races, I don't normally do organized social ride events. Well Triswami talked me into this event and I needed the 100 miler to get ready for Ironman AZ.

Of course I got there late and missed the start by 5 minutes. Then I started running into STtrainer clients!

I saw Ben Whittam and Sarah West, who are training for olympic and half iron tri this year. Then I ran into consummate endurance addict Jessika Poirier. Being able to meet people, talk to friends, and enjoy the scenery reminded me why I like non-races.

My next client I ran into was Lindsey Chance. This almost blew me away, because less than 2 months ago Lindsey was scared to death of clipping in, so she avoided the bike. 10 minutes of expert coaching by Triswami one day, and she was riding confidently. On this day she rode 30 miles.

At the first aid stop I met up with Triswami and his client David Weil. David Weil is about as enthusiastic as any triathlete I have ever met. Triswami had him taper this week and coached him to be ready for the ride.

We slogged through 100 miles and I will say that David really rose the the occasion. He was even pulling me for several miles of the ride. When all was said and done, 6 STtrainer peeps finished a 100-mile ride. Wow.


David Weil at Cedars of Lebanon


Triswami's Mug

No comments: