Tuesday, October 28, 2008

3 in 15 days (Marathons, that is...)

Client Bob Ross writes:

69 marathons in 45 states:


8/23 Mesa Falls, Idaho 4:23

9/28 Omaha, Nebraska 4:20

10/4 New Hampshire 5:07

10/11 Hartford, CT 4:26


I look forward to the next five. Tulsa, Oklahoma on November 11, 2008. North Dakota, Alaska, Colorado and Oregon are set for 2009. If all goes well I will finish about this time next year in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for your help. The cross training and especially the swimming got me to the point where this was a possibility.


The weeks between the marathons I hit the pool and it was a great help. This time last year I was doing nothing but running, and I believe that is what let to my foot injury. At New Hampshire I felt my groin muscles getting really tight and that was part of backing off a little. Again the pool and stretching got me ready for the next week.

The classes were really what got me to the point where I even felt comfortable attempting this. Again, thank you so much.

Bob Ross

Photo: The finish of the Hartford Marathon

No comments: