Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nashville Greenways Marathon

Nashville Greenways Marathon
Oct 4, 2008
Stephen Taylor 1st Overall Male
Deanna Zieman 1st Overall Female
Sydney Bush-Foster 2nd 30-39 Female
Matt Foster 27th 30-39 Male Half Marathon

This was a great race, and not only because I was the overall winner, but for many other reasons:


Reason #1: It was a local Nashville, low-key grassroots race, on the beautiful Greenways. I ride these Greenways a lot, they made a great running race. I was in a great mood this morning.



Reason #2: My friends Jason "Trash Talk" Haggard and Mary G showed up to wish me good luck.


Reason #3: My dog Kokolulu (pictured) and my girlfriend, Susan (photographer) showed up to cheer me on.



Reason #4: It gave me a great chance to try my Swiftwick 12 socks in a long run.


Reason #5: I won by 11 seconds. I really pushed myself to a new level of pain and mental toughness to get this one done. I will take away a new level of mental toughness for Ironman Arizona. When I was done I was exhausted.



Reason #6: My friend and client Deanna won the women's side of the race. Awesome!



Reason #7: Sydney Bush-Foster also had a great race...just a few months after having a baby. Nice sweat salt, Sydney!

No comments: