Sunday, February 8, 2009

USAT Rankings Posted

USA Triathlon ranks every member based on race performances for the year. This is a good way to see how you stand compared to your peers in the sport. You have to be a current USAT member to be ranked. Another benefit of membership.

I'm pretty excited...after 10 years in the sport I received my highest ranking yet. I received a ranking score 0f 94; my highest previous score was 91. To put in perspective that gives me a ranking of 113th out of 7568 in my age group nationally. I'm not trying to brag...this results blog is primarily for the athletes that I coach. But I want to point out the value of continually pushing yourself to a new level, and that I practice what I preach.



Photo: ST at Vancouver World Championships

I have setbacks like everyone. I've never been a pro and probably won't ever be one. But I have been blessed to experience some of the peaks of endurance sports. I hope that experience comes in handy when I coach you.

Posted by Stephen Taylor, Nashville Triathlon Coach

1 comment:

Beth said...

Congratulations! This is awesome. Just when I think you can not impress me any more my opinion of you keeps getting higher and higher .