Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Amazing Stacy Rocks Marine Corps Marathon

Every once in a while a client comes along who is so talented, I know I am going to mostly stay out of the way and let them perform.  Stacy is one such individual.  She set a personal best at Boston Marathon and seemed to get faster and faster.  Then the good news that she is expecting.  So it came has somewhat as a surprise to me that Stacy planned to run Marine Corps Marathon when she was, oh say, seven months pregnant.  Again I knew the thing was to tell her to be careful and get out of the way....

Photo: Stacy (on left) and sister after the Marine Corps Marathon.

In Stacy's own words:
Here's a picture of Kerry and I right after we finished the marathon yesterday.  It was such a fun sisterly thing to do together and it just went so well. We finished in about 3:45 which I'm thrilled about considering I've run once in 3 months and had to stop about 8 times to go to the bathroom! Literally didn't even make it to the first mile marker without having to stop. Granted, I don't think I've ever been this sore in my life but it was just such a great overall experience. She was so good to suck it up and run with me.  Only 2 more months until Caroline is here now! I'm getting so excited. 
Not only is Stacy an amazing client, runner, and friend, but she also is married to a really great guy, Charles.  Charles is a captain in the army special forces and is currently deployed to Iraq.  If you have the opportunity to spare a couple prayers, save one for Charles safety and one for the health of little Caroline.  

No comments: