Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kevin Herrington Testimonial

Kevin writes:

Like many before me, I saw the Ironman World championship on TV and thought to myself I too would like to be an Ironman. I really didn’t know anything about triathlons or even where to begin. After some brief research on the sport, I realized I needed more help than just what the Internet and books had to offer. I quickly came across Stephen Taylor’s information and decided to sign up for a short intro group class for beginners. The cost was minimal and well worth it. I have continued with Stephen’s course, and it has been an absolutely great experience! Training with the group environment has been very helpful and encouraging.

Stephen has helped in every step of the way. The course showed me the basics of swimming, biking, and running. He assisted and gave advice on bike selection and fit. The course includes basic bike handling skills that can get anyone comfortable with biking 50 plus miles at one time. My initial fitness level was very low, and the course helped me establish and build a great deal of cardio endurance.

The quest of becoming an Ironman will take some time, but I have no doubt that Stephen will help me get there. I completed an Olympic distance Triathlon in less than 3 hours after 5 months of working with Stephen. While that time is not super fast, I would never have been able to complete such a distance without Stephen.

The level of fitness I have achieved through Stephen is nothing less than awesome. The health benefits that come with this level of fitness are wonderful. So far the only problem I have developed from my triathlon training with Stephen is the need to purchase new clothes. My current ones are just too big now.

Kevin Herrington

1 comment: