Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beth Todd Wins Fitnesswave Body Composition Challenge

Beth Todd won the Body Composition Challenge put on by Fitnesswave TN.

She lost 19 lbs in 12 weeks though a strategy of swimming, stationary cycling (BIG SPIN) and changing her eating habits.



Beth Todd will be speaking at the Triathlon and Fitness Expo on Jan 10. Her talk will be entitled View from the back of the pack; What it takes to keep going.

Fitnesswave TN is a full service testing program that offers VO2, Resting Metabolism, and Body Composition testing. Fitnesswave TN link here.

Beth Todd in her own words:

I have been struggling with obesity for almost 20 years.. I turned 50 this year and now more than ever I have a sense of urgency to get fit. When I went to Fitness Wave I was embarassed to get dunked and feared facing the "numbers". David Harris said something to me that helped me get past this " You have to know where you are to get where you want to go." He was right. I am glad that I did not let fear hold me back from taking this challenge.


One of the things I learned this past 12 weeks is that anyone that wants to make a physique change whether it is 5 pounds or 50 needs these test. David helped me to set a realistic 12 week goal which was important so I would not get discouraged.

I am so excited that I won this challenge! I plan to use my prize of free testing for a year to help guide me towards my ultimate goal of being healthy and fit. I can tell a difference all ready in how my body performs with just 19 lbs lost. I can't wait to reach my goal in 2009!

Posted by Stephen Taylor, Nashville Triathlon Coach

No comments: