Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Memphis Madness!

Several STtrainer triathletes raced the Memphis Half Marathon as part of their off-season training.


Amber Lai (pictured above) writes:

I wanted to update you on the St. Jude Half from the weekend. Kevin Harrington, Carrie Gay, and I all completed the race. It was both Carrie and Kevin’s first half. They both did really well. Carrie’s goal was under 2:30 and her official finish was 2:16:20. Kevin’s goal was under two hours and he finished in 1:58:52.

I had a great race as well. I started out really relaxed. I haven’t been training very hard so I didn’t have high expectations for this race. I just wanted to have fun and finish in under two hours. Pretty much as soon as the gun went off though (or 8 minutes after it since I was in the 4th
corral) I felt great. The first mile was the slowest partly due to all the traffic (8:40 mile) but then I pretty much held between an 8:10-8:20 every mile after that. I saw Stephanie Honeycutt at about the halfway point and that was pretty exciting to see a friendly face cheering. I ended up finishing the race in 1:48:44 which is over three minutes faster than my PR (1:51:59) so needless to say I was very excited.

I am looking forward to starting tri-training again soon. I am planning on signing up for your class again in January.

No comments: