Wednesday, January 13, 2010

David Stock

One of the most amazing athletes that I coach is a man named David Stock. I may be coaching a dozen triathletes, and Dave will be in the front of the group even though he is the oldest. He swam in college, but it was only a few years ago when he dived enthusiastically into endurance training and racing. And if you can't tell, he loves challenging athletes in the group who may be much younger than him.



Number of years married? 32 on March 4th

Number of children, Meghan, 29 married to Matt for 7 years w/ Madeline Jayne; Melissa, 25 married to Bryan for 2+ years grandchildren? Madeline Jayne

Number of years in triathlon 6 years, started when I was 53



What did you start triathlon Started doing a relay with a couple of other 50 year olds w/ me doing the swimming portion of the Music City Tri when at Percy Priest lake in 2003

What do you like about triathlon I liked the competitiveness; and feeling when you cross the finish line! Also, the camaraderie and sharing experiences with others; and working out with younger people that help push me to go harder!

What are your goals for triathlon career I would like to complete a total of 10 IMs in the next several years, before I settle in on primarily doing ½ IM and Olympic length. Also, would really like to qualify for Kona!



How do you balance triathlon and life I work out of the house for my job; and have a pretty understanding wife.

What do you like about training with ST group I like the coaching, camaraderie and that most of class is younger and pushes me to something more than what I could do by myself.

What are the benefits of working with a coach. Definitely, can help with technique; hands on; see areas that from his/her training and experience can benefit the triathlete and bring out the best and competitive nature in a person.


Swim--Bike--Run--Equivalent IM for Swim/Bike/Run Year

276680 yd.--3726 mi--1070mi --65.50/33.27/40.85 Through Dec. 2008

322108yd--4305.8mi--1260.1mi --76.26/38.44/48.09 Through Nov. 2009

4 comments:

Matthew, Meghan, Madeline, & Marabelle said...

Our dad is awesome!

Melissa, Bryan, and Brynn said...

Dad, you rock!

Unknown said...

Umm, you work out with younger people so THEY can push YOU?? From where I sit, the young(er) ones are being pushed by you!

jsmithing said...

the above comment is from joleyn - no idea why it said lyn....