Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Delta Queen

Last night after the Chattanooga celebration, an exciting rumor spread through the Tour. Our hotel for the night would be...the Delta Queen!




Photo: Slow boarding....all those bikes.

We boarded the vessel with thought of dinner, beers, and sleep. But it was much more than that. We received a history lesson of the unique ship, which you can learn [link here.]



Photo: The rooms were tight, but the beds were SOOOO comfortable. After two days of 100+ miles (112 and 109, to be exact) we were ready for hardcore sleep.

One of the unique qualities of the Adoption Tour is that you will ride hard all day long. And you will also put your energy into learning about, promoting, and advocating for Adoption in Tennessee. Well, besides working hard, we also are treated extremely well with delicious dinner, socializing, and entertainment each night.

Photo: Anne, Marlena, and I jumped up and toasted away.

Okay I will admit that when I am feeling good, I will get up and make a toast. I don't care if it is in the dining room of a steamboat with 100 riders and support crew. Like Michael Yates, I won't shy away from a microphone. I shared my 1-legged tribute to youths awaiting adoption (see below,) and thanked Marlena for introducing me to the Adoption Tour.


Photo: My friend and little angel Marlena Waters. She works in foster and adoption placement, and she was the person who first told me about the Adoption Tour.


Photo: The grand staircase of the steamboat.



Photo: It was easy to wake up when this was the first view you see in the morning.

I will never forget my night on the Delta Queen. It would have been the perfect start to a day of riding...the only problem is that I wouldn't be riding today.

No comments: