Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lora Fox--Clean Sweep REPOST

[Edit] Lora Fox just added a 5th race to her amazing streak.  She won her age group in the Tomato 5K in East Nashville on Sat August 21.

I don't want to jinx the streak, but Lora Fox has placed in her AG in every race this year.

Me: "Lora, have you placed in 3 races in a row?"
Lora: "That depends.  Does Muddy Buddy count?"
Me: "Of course."
Lora: "Then it would be 4 in a row."

Photo: Lora loves training hard, although she balances her training time with a full time position as an attorney and mother of 3 young children.  She even plays league soccer and a bit of pick-up tennis.

Although many triathletes in the pack are using high tech tri bikes, Lora is using a Craigslist road bike with first generation carbon fiber. 

Complimented with old school clip on aerobars.  It doesn't matter, she gets on the bike, rails, then blasts the run.

Lora would be a smart bet for a bike sponsor.  Keep training hard, winning, and setting big goals.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha!

I think that's the bike I sold her. If so i bought it brand new back in the early 90's. I still miss that bike (trek carbon with 8sp campy components). I noticed she's using the SPD pedals and old skool profile bars I left on it. My wife did the Honu Half Ironman on it a few years ago. That bike has a lot of tri history.

Way to go Lora!

--Travis

Lora Barkenbus Fox said...

Travis, you did sell it to me. I remember you telling me about your wife using in Hawaii. I haven't changed it much - although I did add a "run mommy run" sticker on the top tube. It is doing a great job for me. Lora

Stephen Taylor said...

That bike is a classic. Carbon tubes with steel lugs. I'm not going to dispute that it can go fast.