Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blake Ryan at Formula One Tri in NY PLUS Youth Triathletes

I decided this post would end up on my results blog instead of the Coaching Blog, because I have been doing more posts on the Coaching Blog lately.

Photo: Blake Ryan and friend Hannah  (Go ATL!) at Music City Triathlon

Blake Ryan is one of the most surprising triathletes I coach.  He routinely wins his division ("The Clydes") and demolishes most bike courses.  Here are a few words he sent me:

School is done and I went up to NY for the Formula One Tri which was a lot of fun.  Completely different from anything I ever done but fun.  However I did get 2nd in Clyds and TN was well known.  
.....Anyways here are some pics I took of the kids tri that they had there.  These kids were cute, especially this little girl with a KTM jersey and a pink bike with a basket.  Please show these to the team they will be inspired.  If these kids can do a flying dismount so can the rest of the team. (italics added) 

Blake


Blake is an absolute joy to have on the team because he displays leadership, a very positive attitude, and an extreme willingness to push himself.  He has done something like 4 or 5 half irons and he has pertinent stories to share from all that experience.

Photo: Blake getting ready to CRUSH the Music City Tri bike course.


Photo: Throwing a few fist pumps in the finishing chute.


And here are the pictures from the youth triathon...I have added the commentary.

Photo: Cute kid, really pushing it in the transition.  She will go far. 

Photo: These little darlin's with the pink bikes and baskets are SO DARN CUTE!

Photo: Another darlin' mastering the banana seat two-foot dismount.  

Photo: This young man has a nicer helmet than I have.  He's ready for a junior road bike, or at least some slicks instead of those knobby mountain bike tires. 

Photo: This young athlete is displaying perfect form for a flying dismount. 

Photo: This gentleman would be doing a solid flying dismount, except that he has his chin strap unbuckled, which is an offense punishable up to a DQ.  Also he looks like he is finishing just ahead of a little boy on a BMX bike (are those training wheels?)  I wonder what kept him on the course so long?

Photo: Wait until you are all the way off the bike before you unbuckle your chin strap. 


Photo: And I couldn't bear to pass up sharing the news that Graycin Tomkins (pictured on right, with proud sister and dad) finished her first triathlon at the Hendersonville Kids Triathlon today.



No comments: