Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tri Fall Creek Falls

Fall Creek Falls Triathlon
Fall Creek Falls State Park, TN
August 15, 2010

This was my first time doing this race and actually my first tri of the year.  After doing a 9:17 iron distance last fall I have not been motivated by triathlon goals.  Most of my focus has been on coaching my athletes, and knocking out the Vermont 100.

Photo: The coach and author, really tired after finishing the race.

The quality that Race Day Events puts into their events was my experience at the race, and I was pleasantly surprised by my results.  

Stephen Taylor   2:08 (3rd overall)
Jason Clark  2:49
Cynthia Kern  2:51
Tim Lance  2:56
Michael Paschal  4:10
STtrainter Team (Catherine Dewberry, Ron Crozier, and Terry Walker)  2:51


Photo: An efficient transition area with lots of bikes.


Photo: In case you need help remembering which way to go.

Jason Clark ripping his Olympic distance personal best in a big way.


Photo: Tim Lance, with the best looking arms on the run course.


Michael Paschal, really glad to be doing his first Olympic distance.


Photo: Cynthia Kern, a steady powerhouse.


Photo: Ron Crozier, using this as a tune up race for his first triathlon at Cedars of Lebanon.

Photo: The amazing STtrainer relay triathlon team.


Photo: A couple of ACME stallions strutting post-race.

Javier, Ricardo, and Tiago.

Michael Pashal, really glad to be done with his first Olympic distance.  He crossed the finish line with a HUGE smile on his face.  You will not find a more steady-tempered triathlete anywhere. 

No comments: