Thursday, August 26, 2010

Two Sports are Better Than None

Staggerwing Duathlon
August 7
Tullahoma, TN


Jason Haggard 3rd AG
Cynthia Kern 1st AG
Walter Harris


This race takes place at a rural airport.  The run is partly on the runway and partly on greenways.  The bike course overlaps with the Jack and Back course, including one bomber down hill that you have to climb back up.



Jason says, "This was the last race I was going to be doing for a while." Shoulder surgery on Monday. "I was just glad to be racing.  I'm not in top shape at all.  I'm actually surprised I placed in my age group." He was still able to gesture though.  Hopefully the pain meds will cause a reduction in his trash talk, but that is unlikely.



Philip Martindale of Real Design Wheels was there as a spectator. He had ridden from Bellevue, TN to Tullahoma to watch.

No comments: